Layered design and the role of token economics in blockchain
In this episode you will hear:
Kevin Wang is a co-founder of Nervos, a public blockchain designed by a former Ethereum core developer and backed by Sequoia, Polychain, and others. As one of China’s top projects, Nervos recently partnered with crypto exchange Huobi to build a new public chain for banks and financial institutions.
Kevin was responsible for Nervos’ unique token economics design where users will eventually pay “rent” to store assets and smart contracts on the network. He believes this type of model is critical if blockchains are to scale. Same goes for the layered design, which splits the public consensus layer from the transactional layer to increase a blockchain’s performance while balancing security and trust.
- What will happen when Bitcoin’s block reward is gone?
- Why some want to remove the block cap
- The difference between bitcoin as a store of value and ether as a means to auction computation power on the network
- Combating Government censorship
- Can a blockchain be edited?
- Nervos main launch