Resistance is Futile!
Decentralized ledgers are secure and unbreakable until…. quantum computing. The Quantum Supremacy race between China, USA and Europe is on…Quantum computers are coming faster than anticipated.
Enter Quantum Resistant Ledger
Adam Koltun, Evangelist for the Quantum Resistant Ledger and Co-Hosts Ian and Ethan discuss the technology threat and security challenges for distributed ledgers and what it means for the current cryptocurrency landscape.
- The reality of a adding Quantum resistance to existing blockchains. (Hint: It is easier to implement changes in the initial codebase than to add them later.)
- We don’t need (should not) to wait for Quantum Supremacy
- A single actor could disrupt the cryptocurrency economy at any time
- Companies are making a lot of public progress / while Government programs have likely made more progress than they advertise
- Upgrading in cryptocurrency is not easy. BTC is an example of political struggles
- The future quantum resistant ledger
Ian and Mark will be at Disney’s Epcot on Friday August 10th. If you’re there…come and find us. We’ll probably be eating Funnel Cake or Drinking Beverley. Or vice versa.
We’ll be there from 9am until 2pm Eastern.
Find Mark in his TBCS T-shirt – and as a result you can win some stuff – like a Moosehead eh?
Contact us if you would like to ask us any questions, because we’d love you to challenge us to improve our ideas or would like to participate in future podcasts. Add comments too below, we’re trialling Disqus.
Likewise ping us with your best question and the Blockchain Show Team will send our favourite FREE Stuff.
Remember! Keep your Crypto safe with a hardware wallet
With much love and thanks to Adam Koltun and…