This week on the show we debut Steve’s Smart Contract for donations to the show, give a brief history of Doge Coin and talk about new proposals to TheDAO. We also discuss Shapeshift’s new integration into the Jaxx smart wallet.
To hear Sarah and Ethan’s other podcast, visit tellthemisaidsomething.net
- “Many debates about the nature of smart contracts are really just contests between competing terminology,” writes @LedgerLabs attorney and head of operations and legal Josh Stark. Stark tackles the topic of smart contracts in a new op-ed for @coindesk.
- Bitcoin Magazine reported on June 3 that the EU Parliament voted for Smart Regulation of Blockchain Technology. European Parliament Members (MEPs) voted in a proposal that suggests that a new task force, overseen by the European Commission, that would build expertise in the underlying technology of virtual currencies. The proposal was passed by 542 votes to 51, with 11 abstentions and will be sent to the European Commission.
- Midem released a video of a panel discussion on How Blockchain can Change the Music Industry. Speakers included Joe Conyers III, VP Technology, Downtown Music Publishing (USA); Bruno Guez, Founder & CEO, Revelator (Israel); Vinay Gupta, Release Coordinator & General Strategist, Ethereum (Switzerland); Imogen Heap, Singer & Songwriter (UK) and Benji Rogers, Founder & CEO, Pledge Music (USA). Allen Bargfrede, Executive Director of Rethink Music, Berklee College of Music, served as the moderator.
- Produced by Kim Jacksons (Munich, Inside Man, Blue Caprice, King Cobra) & David B. Oliver (Twilight series, District 9). Written and Created by Zach LeBeau and Joseph Lubin.A Blockchain Entertainment Studio, Smart Contract Rights Management Platform and Video On-Demand Portal”, SingularDTV.com
- Another DAO project proposal Under development is a Decentralized Health Records project called “myHealthIRL.” myHealthIRL lets an individual retain ownership of their health history. By owning their records myHealthIRL members create a foundation for exploring health options and open exchange of information. Better access to the complete health history of a patient will lead to better outcomes for the patients
- Consensys Media announced that Linking the Chains with BTC Relay. Blockchain technology has revolutionized the movement of value. Being able to transfer millions of dollars digitally with no intermediary and a transaction fee of just a few cents was unheard of before Bitcoin. While this innovation has gained a global spotlight, there was always a lingering problem: transacting value between Bitcoin and Ethereum still required a third party intermediary, the very thing these decentralized technologies sought to replace. BTC Relay replaces that third party with a trust-minimized smart contract. This deepens the interconnection of two major elements of the blockchain space, bringing us closer to a unified global value transfer network.
- On June 6, the Bloomberg editorial board opined that blockchain technology could strengthen the global financial system and make the world less vulnerable to financial disasters.
- International Business Times reported that Ethereum prediction market Augur teams up with blockchain security experts Airbitz. Ethereum-based prediction market platform Augur is using Airbitz Edge Security, the battle-tested blockchain security solution that automatically encrypts, backs up, and synchronises private keys and account data across devices. The Edge Security Platform delivers an easy to use, secure account creation process and works by securing personal devices of end-users including phones and tablets, rather than trying to secure the central servers where data is held. The partnership with Augur will introduce the Airbitz security platform to other Ethereum-based decentralised applications (Dapps), said a statement. Augur has been described as “Uber for knowledge”. It provides a decentralised (hence incorruptible) prediction market platform, where the wisdom of the crowd will answer questions about any potential future state of affairs; Augur allows people to speculate or hedge on the outcome of anything that can be posed as a question. It was really the first Dapp to become established on Ethereum and it raised $5.3m in the first crowdsale involving the technology after Ethereum itself.
- According to Live Bitcoin News, Jaxx Will Soon Integrate With Coinbase. The cryptocurrency wallet service Jaxx created by the Toronto-based Decentral has been introducing new features nearly every day. Just recently the company implemented the DAO’s native token to the wallets application and also presented the first multi-functioning Ethereum/Bitcoin wallet for iOS devices the week before. Now the company has just announced integration with Coinbase directly within the app itself.
- In a recent LinkedIn blog post, financial editor of the The Wall Street Journal Dennis K. Berman wrote that #blockchain “will fully penetrate the financial system in the next two decades.” Berman’s Series “What Is a Bank? A series exploring the existential crisis facing banks in 2016” can be read at WSJ.com.
- The Guardian published a report on June 9 exploring the collision of music and tech. The article explores how the industry is getting its head around how the idea of a decentralised database of music rights. This could solve some of its pressing problems, including knowing who owns the rights to songs and recordings and what their split of the royalties is.
- On May 26, PayPal filed a patent application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), describing a physical device that can handle payment operations but that also comes with support for crypto-currencies. The device is made up of two main modules, a payment module engine and a payment module database. The payment module engine connects to a wireless communication system to ensure connectivity, and also to physical interfaces such as connectors and readers.
Donate ether to 0x14001C032Ef44787C38786d1C1ec23D891E5bc24
Comments are closed.